- Ancient, Medieval History, and Early Modern History
- Cultural History
- Environmental and Animal History
- Gender History
- Global, Colonial, and Non-European History
- History of Science and Technology
- History of the 19th Century
- History of the 20th Century
- Public History
- Social and Economic History
- Theory of History
No results were found for the filter!
Concepts of Urban-Environmental History
The history of cities and of the environment are inseparably intertwined. This volume presents concepts and key issues from this field of research.
The Nile: Natural and Cultural Landscape in Egypt
Ancient Egypt as we know it with all its wonders like pyramids and temples wouldn't have existed without the Nile. The first recent attempt to explain the importance of this natural phenomenon for the culture of pharaonic Egypt.
Photographs of Environmental Phenomena
Scientific Images in the Wake of Environmental Awareness, USA 1860s-1970s
Through an analysis of »Our Only World«, this book shows how in 1976 photography was deployed in the first world-wide exhibition, a transnational vision for disseminating a consciousness for environmental conservation.