- Cultural Sociology
- Political Sociology and Social Policy
- Social Inequality and Lifestyle
- Sociological Theory
- Sociology of Economy, Organization, Labor, and Industry
- Sociology of Family, Youth, and Aging
- Sociology of Gender and the Body
- Sociology of Media
- Sociology of Migration
- Sociology of Religion
- Sociology of Science, Technology, and Environment
- Urban and Spatial Sociology
No results were found for the filter!
Julia M. Eckert (ed.)The Bureaucratic Production of Difference
Ethos and Ethics in Migration Administrations
Incisive ethnographies of migration administrations in Europe suggest a novel approach to understanding bureaucratic practice.
»Sicher in Kreuzberg«
Constructing Diasporas: Turkish Hip-Hop Youth in Berlin
This book examines the construction and articulation of diasporic cultural identity among the Turkish working-class youth in Kreuzberg (Little Istanbul), Berlin. This work primarily suggests that the contemporary diasporic consciousness is built on two antithetical axes: particularism and universalism. The presence of this dichotomy derives from the unresolved historical dialogues that the diasporic youths experience between continuity and disruption, essence and positionality, tradition and translation, homogeneity and difference, past and future, 'here' and 'there', 'roots' and 'routes', and local and global.